Opti-Learn is a learning centre specialising in providing a learning environment for students that find it difficult coping in the mainstream schooling arena. Students from grade 1 to 12 experiencing a broad range of learning difficulties, all find a home at Opti-Learn. Since 2007 Opti-Learn has successfully tutored students with profiles ranging from attention deficit and school related anxiety to students diagnosed as high functioning on the autistic spectrum.
At Opti-Learn we understand that every student has a unique profile that requires exclusive attention and interventions. We pride ourselves in applying a model that allows every student the benefit of a small learning environment and the ready availability of a tutor to address any academic, social and /or emotional discomfort being experienced.
The Opti-Learn culture focuses on inclusion, teamwork, is process orientated and strives to build a learning community comprising students, parents/guardians and tutors– all working together to further the optimising of every student’s true learning potential.
Tutoring services include:
- 45 minute contact sessions per subject in the morning (as
per grade lesson schedule)
- Individualised tutoring sessions in the afternoons
- Test and exam writing facilities (as per the criteria of the
- Amanuensis (reader and/or scribe)
- Facilitation of homework
- Reading, writing and numeracy interventions
- Developing study methods, organisational and time
- Regular feedback and interaction with parents/guardians